Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Next Month I Will Get My Italian Passport - Juventus Star Amauri

It seems more and more likely that Juventus star Amauri will soon be seen wearing the Azzurri's shirt. The Brazilian-born striker is close to getting his Italian passport, which will allow him by law to be called up by Italy, since he has never made an appearance for the Seleçao."If everything goes well, next month I should receive my Italian passport," the 29-year-old said to Sky Sport 24. "I am awaiting the last documents to come in from Brazil."Will I get called up by Italy? As soon as I become an Italian, I will be able to talk about my eventual future with the national team."

Amauri has always said he wants to play for Italy to repay the country for bringing him success as a footballer.He was signed by Parma in 2001, but did not make a single appearance for the club as he was soon loaned out to Napoli.After unmemorable stints at Piacenza, Empoli, and Messina, he broke through at Chievo, and was eventually signed by Palermo. His impressive performances with the Rosanero earned him a prestigious move to Juventus last summer.


Source:goal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment