Thursday, August 6, 2009

Trezeguet staying in Turin



Intl Football, 10:51, August 3, 2009

David Trezeguet has rejected talk of a move to AC Milan and claims he is '100 per cent' sure he will stay with Juventus this season.

The former French international striker has been heavily linked with a move away from Turin this summer, with the Rossoneri and Chelsea reportedly keen on signing the 31-year-old.

However, Trezeguet has now ruled out any move away from the Bianconeri, claiming he couldn't turn his back on the club with such a promising season ahead.

"I will remain 100 per cent with Juventus for the whole season," he told the club's official website.

"After nearly ten years in Turin, it did not seem right for me to go just now. I was helped to make this decision by everyone who has been close to me recently: the management; the coach; my team-mates; and the fans."

Juve manager Ciro Ferrara claimed Trezeguet made the decision after the Bianconeri's loss to Aston Villa on penalties in the final of the Peace Cup on Sunday night.

"I am happy for David, as at the end of the game he wanted to talk to me and the team, announcing that he intends to stay with us," the coach revealed.

No comments:

Post a Comment