Thursday, August 6, 2009

I'm Not Happy That Fabio Cannavaro Is At Juventus - Nicola Legrottaglie


Juventus defender Nicola Legrottaglie has revealed that he is somewhat bitter that former Real Madrid centre-back Fabio Cannavaro has signed for the club.

The 32-year-old formed a solid partnership with Giorgio Chiellini at the back last season, but finds his place under threat after the club signed Cannavaro as well as Barcelona's Martin Caceres on loan.

"I won't deny that I'm upset that Cannavaro has arrived," Legrottaglie said according to Tuttomercatoweb.com.

"Chiellini and I proved to be one of the strongest pairings in the championship [last season]. Therefore I regret that we have not been confirmed [as a partnership for the new campaign].

"That said, however, I have nothing against Fabio or the club, I do not want to leave but on the contrary, his arrival will be more of a motivation. I want to win with Juventus, go to the World Cup and, if possible, finish my career here."

If Legrottaglie can work his way into the team for next season, which begins in a fortnight, he expects to be part of a successful Bianconeri side.

"We aim to be competitive in the league, Champions League and Coppa Italia," he continued. "We want to achieve great results but we need cohesion and humility.

"Inter? I don't know if we are equal, behind or better. We will have to wait for the last four games to see."

source: Goal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment