Wednesday, August 12, 2009

New Fiorentina Arrival Cristiano Zanetti: Juventus Didn't Want Me Anymore

The sale of Juventus midfielder Cristiano Zanetti to Fiorentina raised some eyebrows in the peninsula, and has now produced comments from both sides as the veteran has responded to accusations from sporting director Alessio Secco.
The Bianconeri official had claimed that Zanetti had asked for a new three year contract and a first-team place, but the former Italian international has rebuffed those comments.
"Do not say absurd things, the story should be explained fully. I took note of Juventus' behaviour towards me and looked around," he revealed to La Gazzetta dello Sport.
"They never had any intention of renewing my contract.
"This is a matter of respect. I have heard a couple of things from Secco to which I must respond. I have never asked for guarantees of any kind in my life. In the end, the work I put in was always my warranty," he continued.
"I never asked for anything, because he did not ever consider my possible [contract] renewal. [I asked for] Three years? We had never spoken."

The 32-year-old cost the Viola €2 million and is expected to add some extra determination to their midfield after the departure of Brazilian international Felipe Melo this summer, who moved to Juventus no less.
"I am happy, very happy, to be at Fiorentina. To Fiorentina I could not have said no, they know how to treat people. That's enough for me."

Source: goal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment