Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I Want To Show My Worth To Juventus - Christian Poulsen

Christian Poulsen has endured a turbulent few weeks, with the player as desperate to stay at Juventus as the club were to sell him. The sale of Cristiano Zanetti to Fiorentina has negated the need to sell the Dane, and he could not hide his delight at being given the opportunity to stay in Turin.
"I'm really happy, Juve called me and told me that things had changed after Zanetti went to Fiorentina," Poulsen told La Gazzetta dello Sport.
"Now I am part of the first team and they can count on me. It has been a difficult summer, but I wanted to stay at any cost and show my real worth."

Poulsen had many offers from clubs over the summer, with the likes of Fenerbahce, Fulham, Portsmouth and Tottenham Hotspur in the hunt for his signature, but insisted throughout the close season that he wanted to remain with the Bianconeri.
Now he has got his wish, he may have a chance to prove his worth sooner rather than later due to Mohamed Sissoko's ongoing injury problems. It was not long ago that Poulsen was producing excellent performances for Schalke 04 and Sevilla, and Bianconeri fans will hope that the 29-year-old can replicate his old form after a poor first season.

No comments:

Post a Comment