Thursday, August 13, 2009

Juventus' Ciro Ferrara Reveals Truth About Cristiano Zanetti's Departure To Fiorentina

Juventus coach Ciro Ferrara admitted that he was surprised by Cristiano Zanetti's decision to join Fiorentina earlier this week.
Ferrara believed that Zanetti could be an important squad member for the Bianconeri, even if he was not considered a first team player.
"When I was offered the job by the club as a coach, I was told he was a player I could count on," declared the former defender to sportmediaset.it.
"During the pre-season he worked hard and I was very happy with his work. Last week Zanetti came to speak to me and asked me how the situation in midfield was.
"I replied that with the arrival of Felipe Melo, the competition increased, but that there would be space for everyone. He seemed satisfied with our dialogue, but then he went to speak to Alessio Secco.
"Afterwards, the situation changed, and during the match against Villarreal, Zanetti told me not to take him into consideration.
"Evidently, a club came and made him an offer he liked. I say all this because it's fair that everyone takes responsibility for what he said and for what he did."

Zanetti spent three seasons with the Old Lady, playing a total of 63 league games and scoring four goals for the club.
Source: Goal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment