Thursday, August 13, 2009

David Trezeguet Glad To Have Stayed At Juventus

Juventus attacker David Trezeguet believes he made the right choice in remaining at the club, despite having attracted interest from various other important sides.
Now he is fully concentrated on helping the team reach the top again and reclaiming the league title.

"I'm happy that I have stayed," admitted the Frenchman to Sky. "Here we have found back the enthusiasm like during [Fabio] Capello's days.
Trezegol was also pursued by Milan this summer, but his heart would not allow him to join the Old Lady's rivals.
"I could not leave Juventus, who gave me so much in ten years," he continued. "I will try to award them more trophies to reach the world class players like [Alessandro] Del Piero and the others.
"The new players have brought a lot of enthusiasm and we shall do well. I've known the coach [Ciro Ferrara] for a long time, since he was a player.
"He told me few but clear words and in front of my team-mates he made me understand what I gave and what I can still give to this team. I'm happy that I have stayed, now we look forward and I hope to give my contribution."

The 31-year-old player has been at Juventus since 2000, making a total of 226 league appearances and scoring 131 goals in the process.

Source:Goal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment