Monday, September 14, 2009

Diego Wants To Make History With Juventus

Juventus playmaker Diego has been ruled out of the Champions League match with Bordeaux, but he is looking forward to playing in the competition as soon as possible."We face some good teams and for me there will be a special challenge - when we face Bayern in Germany, as they are my old rivals," he explained to UEFA's official website."I know that game, as well as many others, will be difficult. However, I think we will go far and do well in the competition."

Recently the Brazilian's style of play has gathered comparisons with stars of the past such as Zico, Gianfranco Zola and Roberto Baggio."I've always admired those players and I am glad to hear my name mentioned next to theirs," he continued."I want to write my own history at Juventus. I feel very happy and motivated here. The supporters send shivers down my back and I think I've begun to get to know my team-mates. I feel at home."

The Brazilian's absence is likely to make room for Italian youngster Sebastian Giovinco against the French side.

No comments:

Post a Comment